Floodplain Management Workshops
**NEW** 2013 Online Training
SEMA’s Floodplain Management Section is supporting online training in 2013! Presented in a webinar format, it will allow many participants to attend simultaneously, eliminating the burden and expense of travel. The online training program allows attendees to participate in training from their desk. This online training program - offered at no charge – is sponsored by FEMA and presented by the Strategic Alliance for Risk Reduction (STARR) Team of NFIP experts! The training sessions target local officials and those with an interest in gaining additional knowledge of floodplain management.
What Topics Does the Training Cover?
- Floodplain Development Permit Review
- Inspecting Floodplain Development
- Post-Flood Recovery and Substantial Damage Assessments for Planners
- Elevation Certificates
- Floodplain Management in A Zones
- Determining Base Flood Elevations
- Letters of Map Change
- MT-1 Form Basics
- CAC/CAV Training
- Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Why Hydrology Matters
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants
- HAZUS Earthquake and Flood Losses
- Preparing Data for HAZUS
- Using HAZUS in Mitigation Planning
Online Training Registration
By typing this address into an Internet address bar: http://j.mp/starrwebtraining future training sessions can be viewed by clicking on the “Upcoming” tab. If a topic of interest is found, a registration link is provided. Registrants will receive an email with training session information and a link to connect to the training on the day of class. Sessions are publicized and offered in one to two months in advance.
More Online Information
For more information about online training, please contact Tami Soncrant at:
Phone: (573) 526-9115