SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 21, 2017
- Three more Applicant Briefings for local governments and nonprofit agencies that are considering applying for federal Public Assistance will be held Thursday, June 22, in Camdenton, Louisiana and Rolla. All potential applicants are urged to attend an Applicant Briefing before submitting an application. Because the briefings provide key information about recent significant changes to the Public Assistance program, even applicants from previous disasters should attend one of the meetings. A total of 13 briefings will be held in disaster-designated counties through Friday. Find the schedule on the State Emergency Management Agency website here.
- Note: All Requests for Public Assistance from governments and nonprofits must be submitted to FEMA within 30 days of the June 2 disaster declaration date, or July 1. Understand that Requests for Public Assistance (RPAs) must first be received by SEMA, processed, and then submitted to FEMA by the July 1 deadline. For questions about Applicant Briefings or the Public Assistance program, call SEMA at (573) 526-9234. Applicant Briefings are only for potential applicants like school and road districts and eligible nonprofits and are not intended for the general public.
- Twelve FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers will be open Thursday in flood-impacted counties. Recovery centers offer in-person assistance to flood survivors from FEMA and SBA. Get details on recovery center locations and operating hours at Recovery.mo.gov.
- Missourians who still have unmet needs are encouraged to call United Way 211 to learn about other types of assistance provided by voluntary agencies, faith-based and other organizations. If you have already called 211 for recovery assistance, you still need to register separately with FEMA. Call 2-1-1 for assistance or contact 211 online at http://211helps.org.
- FEMA is offering free repair and rebuilding advice at six home improvement stores. Check for details and other locations here.
Missouri Recovery Photo of the Day
Potential FEMA Public Assistance program applicants attend a SEMA Applicant Briefing in Pacific on, June 21, 2017. Applicant Briefings are not for the general public but for local government agencies and nonprofits considering applying for grants to restore flood-damaged infrastructure and recoup emergency response costs.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail [email protected]