SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 24, 2017
SEMA Flood Recovery Update Brief – Monday, July 24
- The FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in Greenville closes Tuesday, July 25. Don’t miss your chance to get in-person assistance. Find more information at Recovery.mo.gov.
- Remember, most of the services provided at the recovery centers are also available at DisasterAssistance.gov or 800-621-3362. Operators will be available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST seven days a week until further notice.
- Through Monday morning, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved more than $12.1 million in low-interest disaster loans.
- Missouri homeowners and renters have until Aug. 14 to apply for FEMA and SBA assistance in all 35 Missouri counties included in the federal disaster declaration for Individual Assistance.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance is available to workers who lost employment due to flooding in the eight counties designated for Individual Assistance as part of the flooding disaster declaration on July 13. Those counties are Christian, Crawford, Dent, Greene, Iron, Ste. Genevieve, Wayne and Wright. Unemployed workers have until Aug. 17 to apply for DUA at Labor.mo.gov/disaster.
Missouri Recovery Photo of the Day
Two interns with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources learn about field water testing and how water treatment facilities are affected by flooding during a drinking water facility inspection.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail email@example.com