Emergency Management Performance Grants (EMPG) Program
The Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Program provides resources to the State Emergency Management Agency and local government emergency management agencies, for the sustainment and enhancement of all-hazard emergency management capabilities. An all hazards approach to emergency response, including the development of a comprehensive program of planning, training, and exercises, means there can be an effective and consistent response to disasters and emergencies, regardless of the cause. It involves building long-term strategic relationships within the emergency management community to ensure that the program meets the needs of Missourians during disasters.
The EMPG financial assistance program provides reimbursement up to 50 percent of allowable costs. To meet the 50 percent matching requirement, a local jurisdiction’s contributions must be reasonable, allowable and necessary under the grant program, and must comply with all federal requirements and regulations.
Effective January 1, 2019, reimbursement for training costs such as lodging increased from 50 miles to 75 miles.
2021 Emergency Management Performance Grant
- FY21 EMPG Application Powerpoint
- 2021 EMPG Program Manual
- Information Bulletin - update FY2020
- Inventory Spreadsheet
- FY21 EMPG American Rescue Act Program Manual
2020 Emergency Management Performance Grant
- FY20 EMPG Application Powerpoint
- 2020 EMPG Program Manual
- FY20 EMPG Supplemental Information Bulletin
- FY20 EMPG Award Workshop PowerPoint
2019 Emergency Management Performance Grant
- FY19 EMPG Application Powerpoint
- 2019 EMPG Program Manual
- Financial and Administrative Guide
- Information Bulletin 2017-2019
- FY19 EMPG Mini Grants Awarded