SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 03, 2022
(JOINT SEMA/FEMA NEWS RELEASE)
Renters and homeowners in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County and St. Charles County who were affected by flash flooding July 25-28 now have until Monday, November 7, 2022, to apply for FEMA disaster assistance. Through Oct. 3, 2022, FEMA has approved more than $36.4 million in Individual Assistance grants to more than 11,900 households in the St. Louis region.
Apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov, by calling 800-621-3362 or by using the FEMA mobile app.
If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA the number for that service.
For needs not covered by insurance or other sources, FEMA may be able to provide Individual Assistance grant money that does not have to be repaid for:
- Rental Assistance if you need to relocate because of flood damage
- Personal Property that was damaged or destroyed by flooding
- Lodging Reimbursement if you had to stay in a hotel temporarily
- Basic Home Repairs for Homeowners whose primary residence was damaged by flooding
- Other Serious Needs caused by recent flooding
In addition to the assistance listed, please note the following:
Only one application per household
FEMA does not pay for lost or spoiled food
By law, FEMA is not allowed to duplicate insurance payments or assistance provided by other sources
When you apply with FEMA, have the following information ready:
- Phone number where you can be contacted
- Address at the time of the flooding
- Address where you are staying now
- Social Security Number of one member of the household
- Basic list of damage and losses
- Bank information if you choose direct deposit for FEMA money
- Insurance Information if you have insurance, including the policy number
If you have homeowners, renter’s or flood insurance, you should file a claim as soon as possible. FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance. If your policy does not cover all your damage expenses, you may be eligible for federal assistance.
Remember to keep receipts from all purchases related to the cleanup and repair.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail email@example.com