SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 06, 2017
Going on today:
- As of Monday night, FEMA had approved 42 Missouri families for federal disaster assistance.
- FEMA representatives continue to reach out to flood survivors in impacted communities, offering to register residents wirelessly from their homes.
- To register, go to DisasterAssistance.gov, or call FEMA’s toll-free number: 800-621-3362, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
- The U.S Small Business Administration (SBA) is making low-interest federal disaster loans available to eligible private nonprofit organizations in 46 counties to help repair or replace business assets damaged or destroyed during the April 28 - May 11 disaster period.
- Apply online using SBA’s secure website here.
- Missourians have begun filing for Disaster Unemployment Assistance applications, according to the Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
- 399 Missourians have reported job losses due to the disaster.
- For information about filing a DUA claim, call 800-788-4002. File a claim online here.
Missouri Recovery Photo of the Day
Student volunteers with the National Relief Network assist with flood recovery in Jefferson County today. NRN is a Michigan organization that assists youth groups, schools, corporations and others organize disaster assistance efforts.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail email@example.com