SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 07, 2016
Multi-Agency Resource Center in Cape Girardeau will provide resources at one-stop shop for those seeking assistance
JEFFERSON CITY – The State Emergency Management Agency announces Missouri state agencies will participate in a Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) to be held on Friday, Jan. 8 to assist Cape Girardeau County and north Scott County residents with disaster assistance. In a MARC, disaster assistance agencies, including faith-based, volunteer and nonprofits groups, team up to provide a one-stop shop for residents experiencing multiple needs as a result of a disaster. The MARC will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope Street, Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Those affected by flooding attending the MARC should bring proof that their residence was in an affected area (such as a driver license showing a current address) or mail sent to their residence.
The following organizations will be among those participating in the MARC with the information and services indicated:
- SEMO Red Cross – caseworkers, nurses and mental health counselors to provide assistance
- The Salvation Army – clean up kits and more
- Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri – Disaster Case Management for long-term recovery needs and home repair
- University of Missouri Extension – educational information on proper clean up and mold remediation
- East Missouri Action Agency – sheltering
- Local Public Health Departments – tetanus shots and other public health needs
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) – Medicaid, adult protective services
- Missouri DSS Family Support Division – food stamp replacement request forms
- Missouri Department of Insurance – explain homeowner, renters and auto policies, navigate the claims process, provide insurance-related materials, provide contact information for the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Missouri Attorney General’s Office – tips for selecting reputable contractors, avoiding price gouging, protecting personal information from identity fraud, and other scams seen after natural disasters
- Love INC – personal hygiene kits
- Community Caring Council – homeless services
- 211 (24/7 help line, other info on hand)
- Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief – identifying needs for cleanup and other assistance
Questions about the Cape Girardeau MARC can be directed to Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri's Cape Girardeau offices at (573) 335-0134.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org