Weather and Current Conditions Maps
Because of Missouri’s geography, the state is frequently visited by natural disasters. Ice storms, tornadoes, severe storms, and flooding are all common occurrences in Missouri. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and the important spatial data they contain, along with maps from the National Weather Service, the U.S. Geological Service and other agencies can be critical tools in emergency management. They help provide much needed clarity for situational awareness and much more.
The following links to mapping and GIS resources may be of interest to emergency management and response agencies. Maps related to weather, precipitation, water flow, water levels and earthquakes are included.
In addition to the links below, the National Weather Service offers a variety of KML and RSS files and feeds that may be helpful to emergency management and response agencies.
Watches, Warnings and Advisories
- U.S. Weather Map with Watches, Warnings and Advisories - National Weather Service
- Watches, Warnings or Advisories for Missouri - National Weather Service
- Severe Weather Alerts - Weather.com
Current Weather Conditions and Forecasts
- National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office - Kansas City, MO
- National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office - Springfield, MO
- National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office - St. Louis, MO
- Storm Prediction Center - National Weather Service
- National Weather Service - Missouri State Information
- Missouri Weather - Weather.com
- Current U.S. Radar - Weather.com
- U.S. Forecast Map - Weather.com
Precipitation, Water Flow and Levels
- River Level Observations and Flood Conditions
- Flood and flow condition for Missouri - USGS
- Real-time Streamflow - USGS
- USGS Missouri Water Science Center