SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 18, 2017
SEMA Flood Recovery Update Brief – Tuesday, July 18
- FEMA is opening a Disaster Recovery Center in Springfield (Greene County), Mo. on Wednesday, July 19, to assist flooding survivors with in-person help. U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) representatives will also be on hand to provide assistance. The Springfield recovery center closes permanently at 7 p.m. Monday, July 24. It is closed Sunday, July 23. A FEMA recovery center opened in Crawford County Tuesday. Look for operating hours and news about additional DRC openings at Recovery.mo.gov.
- Greene County was one of eight additional counties FEMA approved on July 13 for designation in the flooding disaster for assistance to homeowners, renters and businesses. The other counties approved for Individual Assistance last week are: Christian, Crawford, Dent, Iron, Ste. Genevieve, Wayne and Wright counties.
- The deadline for homeowners and renters to apply for FEMA and SBA assistance is Aug. 1. Do not miss your opportunity to apply. Apply for federal assistance 24/7 at DisasterAssistance.gov or call 800-621-3362.
- SEMA will hold Applicant Briefings for local government agencies and nonprofits Wednesday, July 19 in Cape Girardeau, and Thursday, July 20 in Columbia and Sikeston. These three additional briefings are for potential applicants from Boone, Cape Girardeau, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Ste. Genevieve and Scott counties, which were designated July 13 by FEMA for inclusion in the Public Assistance disaster declaration. The program assists with recovery expenses for damage to roads, bridges, other public infrastructure and emergency response costs. SEMA urges all agencies considering applying for assistance to attend a briefing, as FEMA’s program rules have changed recently. More information is available here. The deadline for public entities to submit applications for FEMA assistance is Aug. 12.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance is now available to workers who lost employment due to flooding in the eight counties designated for Individual Assistance as part of the flooding disaster declaration on July 13. Those counties are Christian, Crawford, Dent, Greene, Iron, Ste. Genevieve, Wayne and Wright. Unemployed workers have until Aug. 17 to apply for DUA at Labor.mo.gov/disaster.
- Through July 17, the Division of Employment Security has received 411 claims indicating a job loss due to flooding.
Missouri Recovery Photo of the Day
On Tuesday, July 18, FEMA opened a disaster recovery center in Cuba, Mo. A recovery center is scheduled to open in Springfield on Wednesday, July 19. The centers offer in-person FEMA and SBA assistance to Missouri flood survivors.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail email@example.com