SEMA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 17, 2017
- FEMA is opening a Disaster Recovery Center in Cuba (Crawford County), Mo. on Tuesday, July 18, to assist flooding survivors with in-person help. U.S. Small Business Administration representatives will also be on hand to provide assistance. The Cuba recovery center closes permanently at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 22. Look for operating hours and news about additional DRC openings at Recovery.mo.gov.
- Crawford County was one of eight additional counties FEMA approved on July 13 for designation in the flooding disaster for assistance to homeowners, renters and businesses. The other counties approved for Individual Assistance last week are: Christian, Dent, Greene, Iron, Ste. Genevieve, Wayne and Wright counties.
- The deadline for homeowners and renters to apply for FEMA and SBA assistance is Aug. 1. Do not miss your opportunity to apply. Apply for federal assistance 24/7 at DisasterAssistance.gov or call 800-621-3362.
- SEMA announced it will hold three Applicant Briefings for local government agencies and nonprofits from Boone, Cape Girardeau, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Ste. Genevieve and Scott counties that are considering applying for federal assistance with damage to roads, bridges, other public infrastructure and emergency response costs. The Applicant Briefings will be held in Cape Girardeau (Wednesday) and Columbia and Sikeston (Thursday). On July 13, FEMA extended the disaster declaration for public assistance to those seven counties. SEMA urges all agencies considering applying to assistance to attend a briefing, as FEMA’s program rules have changed recently. More information is available here.
- The deadline for public entities from Boone, Cape Girardeau, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Ste. Genevieve and Scott counties to submit applications for FEMA assistance is Aug. 12.
Missouri Recovery Photo of the Day
FEMA is surveying sites in preparation for opening additional Disaster Recovery Centers to provide in-person FEMA and SBA assistance to Missouri flood survivors. A recovery center opens Tuesday in Cuba, Mo.
For more information, call 573-751-5432 or e-mail email@example.com