- Centers for Disease Control - Earthquake Preparedness
- Surviving an earthquake and reducing its health impact requires preparation, planning, and practice. Learning what actions to take can help you and your family to remain safe and healthy in the event of an earthquake.
- Central U.S. Earthquake Consortium
- Missouri is one of the eight states that is a member of the Central U.S. Earthquake Consortium.
- Department of Health and Senior Services - Ready in 3
- Emergencies can strike anytime. A tornado, a flood or even a terrorist attack can change lives. Missouri families, communities, businesses and schools need to take steps today to prepare for an emergency. Prepare today!
- FEMA.gov - Earthquakes
- Preparedness information and strategies from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Index of Earthquake Publications
- Comprehensive listing of FEMA publications relating to all aspects of earthquake planning, preparedness, response, and recovery. Useful for individuals, families, businesses, and property owners.
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources - Missouri Geological Survey
- The primary responsibility of the Missouri Geological Survey is to investigate and report on Missouri's geologic resources. This includes working with the U.S. Geological Survey, SEMA, and other organizations to increase the knowledge base of earthquakes in the state.
- Missouri Department of Insurance - List of Earthquake Insurance Providers
- Learn about earthquake insurance and find local providers.
- Ready.gov - Earthquakes
- Ready.gov is the U.S. Government's foremost resource on emergency preparedness and disaster readiness for citizens. Learn how to prepare for an earthquake.
- St. Louis University Earthquake Center
- Detailed information about seismic zones and earthquakes both past and present.
- USGS - St. Louis Area Earthquake Hazards Mapping Project
- In the St. Louis area of Missouri and Illinois, the USGS is partnering with a local working group to produce urban earthquake hazard maps for the community.