Earthquake Summit 2020
More than 280 professionals attended our-first ever Earthquake Summit in February 2019 to learn more about the New Madrid Seismic Zone risk and Missouri’s current response capabilities. This was a unique opportunity to hear from state and local officials directly involved in earthquake planning and response, participate in discussions on the region’s readiness, and get questions answered concerning plans that are in place and how local officials should prepare and respond. Breakout sessions highlighted specific topics for school safety officials, local public health and medical agencies and first responders. Save the date for Friday, February 21 and stay tuned for the 2020 event details!
2019 Summit Agenda & Presentations
- 2019 Earthquake Summit Agenda
- The New Madrid Seismic Zone - What’s the Risk? Are We Prepared?
- Overview of Missouri & Federal Earthquake Response Plans
- Southeast Missouri Health Care Coalition Response Role
- Coalition Planning Workshop
- Safer, Stronger Smarter: A Guide to Improving School Natural Hazard Safety
- Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drill